The La Crosse Technology WS-1612 professional wireless weather station features La Crosse's new state-of-the-art wireless "Instant Transmission" technology, providing weather measurement updates every 4.5 seconds (6.5 seconds for rain)!
The WS-1612 weather station is capable of monitoring a number of weather variables including wind speed and direction, rainfall, outdoor temperature and humidity, and barometric pressure. The weather center also includes time and date display, weather forecast icons, and user-selectable alarm settings for a number of different weather conditions.
Note: This product DOES NOT measure indoor temperature or humidity.
The WS-1612 comes complete with wireless indoor console, temperature/humidity sensor, rain gauge, and anemometer. With this La Crosse weather station, the outdoor sensors are all wired
together. To clarify, there are no wires coming to the inside
display however the three outside sensor devices are all connected
to each other, as shown in the picture above.
Note: We do carry a magnetic compass to help you orient your anemometer to true north. For more information on set up, please visit the anemometer page on our WeatherShack education center.
- Manual set time/date
- Hour and minute display
- Month, date, and year display
- Outdoor temp with MIN/MAX records (ºF or ºC)
- Outdoor humidity with MIN/MAX records (%RH)
- Outdoor wind chill and dew point temps (ºF or ºC)
- Rainfall total with MIN/MAX records (inch/mm)
- Self-emptying (tipping bucket) rain gauge
- Current relative barometric air pressure with MIN/MAX records (inHg or hPa)
- Air pressure 12 hour history graph
- Wind speed with MIN/MAX records (mph, km/h, m/s, or Beaufort)
- Wind direction display with 16 step LCD compass
- All MIN/MAX records show date/time and can be reset
- Pressure trend indicator (rising or falling)
- Weather forecast icon (sunny, cloudy, rain)
- Storm warning alarm (with on/off)
- Additional alarms for high/low outdoor temperature, high/low outdoor humidity, high wind speed
- Programmable time alarm
- 12 or 24 hour time mode
- Low battery indicator
- LED backlit display
- Recording and internal storage of up to 200 complete sets of weather data (with date/time) recorded in three hour intervals. Data is stored in non-volatile buffer memory (i.e. will be lost if power is interrupted). If the memory capacity is exhausted, the oldest data sets stored will be overwritten by the new ones recorded.
- Wall mount or free-standing (removable stand)
- Outdoor temperature range:
-40 to 140.0°F
(-40 to 59.9°C)
- Wind chill / dew point temp range:
-40 to 140.0°F
(-40 to 59.9°C)
- Temperature resolution: 0.2°F (0.1°C)
- Outdoor humidity range: 1% to 99%
- Outdoor Humidity resolution: 1%
- Relative pressure pre-set range:
27.17 to 31.90 inHg (919 to
- Wind speed range: 0 to 111.8 mph
1 to 50 m/s or 0 to 180 km/h)
- Wind speed resolution: 1 mph (
- Total rainfall range: 0 to 393.6 (0 to 9999mm)
- Outdoor measurement interval: every 4.5 seconds (from thermo-hygro sensor) and
every 6.25 seconds (from rain gauge)
- Power requirements (receiver): 3 AA batteries
- Power requirements (sensor): 2 AA batteries
- Battery life: approximately 24 months
- Transmission Frequency: 915 MHz
- Transmission Range: up to 330 feet open air
- Receiver: 6.09" x 1.27" x 8.86"
(154.6mm x 32.2mm x 225.1mm)
- Thermo-hygro sensor: 2.25" x 2.44" x 6.18"
(57.3mm x 62mm x 157mm)
- Wind sensor: 9.84" x 5.74" x 10.87"
(250mm x 145.9mm x 276.2mm)
- Rain gauge: 5.67" x 2.15" x 3.46"
(144mm x 54.6mm x 88mm)