The state-of-the-art La Crosse Technology WS-2814U-IT Professional Wireless Weather Center features La Crosse's new state-of-the-art wireless "Instant Transmission" technology, featuring temperature and humidity data updates every 13 seconds, wind data every 17 seconds, and rain data every 19 seconds.
The La Crosse WS-2814U-IT can monitor a number of weather variables including indoor/outdoor temperature and humidity, rainfall, wind speed and direction, and barometric pressure. The weather center also includes time and date display, weather forecast icons, and user-selectable alarm settings for a number of different weather conditions.
La Crosse's Heavy Weather Pro software allows you to use a PC to monitor and record weather data received from the WS-2814U-IT via a proprietary USB device that's included with the weather station. You can monitor and record a variety of data collected by the various weather station sensors. You can also review weather history data, and analyze trends and tendencies over time using the software's charts and graphing features.
The optional La Crosse Alerts PC software allows you to remotely monitor your home and backyard weather from a smartphone, tablet or computer as well as set and receive weather alerts via e-mail and text message. Internet access is required.
The WS-2814U-IT comes complete with wireless indoor console, temperature and humidity sensor, rain gauge, and solar-powered anemometer.
Note: We do carry a magnetic compass to help you orient your anemometer to true north. For more information on set up, please visit the anemometer page on our WeatherShack education center.
- Weather station works with or without a computer
- Automatic time & date (PC time update from USB transceiver if connected)
- Time can be manually set
- Hour & minute display
- Calendar display (date, month, year)
- Indoor temperature with MIN/MAX records (ºF or ºC)
- Outdoor temperature with MIN/MAX records (ºF or ºC)
- Indoor humidity with MIN/MAX records (%RH)
- Outdoor humidity with MIN/MAX records (%RH)
- Outdoor dew point temperature with MIN/MAX records (ºF or ºC)
- Outdoor wind chill (ºF or ºC)
- Wind chill value is calculated from outdoor temperature and wind speed measurements
- Rainfall data for total rain, last hour, last 24h, last week, & last month
- Self-emptying (tipping bucket) rain gauge
- Current relative barometric air pressure (inHg or hPa)
- Air pressure 12 or 72 hour history graph (user selectable)
- Wind speed with MIN/MAX records (mph, km/h, m/s, knots, or Beaufort)
- Wind direction display with 16 step LCD compass
- Wind gust MAX records with time & date of recording
- All MIN/MAX records show date/time and can be reset
- Pressure trend indicator (rising or falling)
- Weather forecast icon (sunny, partly cloudy, storm)
- Weather alarm modes: temperature, humidity, wind gust, wind direction, air pressure, 24h rain & storm warning (buzzer with on/off)
- Time display in 12 or 24 hour format
- LCD contrast setting for easy viewing
- Recording and internal storage of up to 1750 complete sets of weather data records (with date/time) with user selectable recording interval from 1 minute to 24 hours. Data is stored in non-volatile buffer memory (i.e. will be lost if power is interrupted). If the memory capacity is exhausted, the oldest data sets stored will be overwritten by the new ones recorded.
- "HeavyWeather" PC software stores collected weather data, creates graphs, synchronizes time/date, updates user settings & sets weather alarms
- Optional La Crosse Alerts PC Software:
- Remotely monitor home & backyard weather from your smartphone, tablet or computer (in/out temperature/humidity, wind, rain & barometric pressure)
- Set & receive weather alerts via e-mail & text message
- Internet access is required
- Wireless USB transceiver plugs into your PC to transfer & share the collected weather data from your weather display with your PC
- Wireless 100% solar-powered wind sensor with built-in rechargeable alkaline power cell. High-efficiency solar panels maintain operation throughout all seasons.
- Wall mount or free-standing (fold out stand)
- Indoor temperature range:
41.0 to 104.0°F
(5.0 to 40.0°C)
- Outdoor temperature range:
-40.0 to 139.8°F
(-40 to 59.9°C)
- Wind chill / dew point temp range:
-40.0 to 139.8°F
(-40 to 59.9°C)
- Temperature resolution: 0.2°F (0.1°C)
- Indoor & outdoor humidity range: 3% to 99%
- Humidity resolution: 1%
- Air pressure range: 8.86 to 32.46 inHg (300 to 1099 hPa)
- Relative pressure pre-set range:
27.17 to 31.90 inHg (919 to
- Wind speed range: 0 to 111.8 mph
0 to 50 m/s, 0 to 180 km/h, 0 to 97.1 knots, 0 to 12 Beaufort)
- Wind speed resolution: .22 mph (
- Rainfall range: 0 to 393.7 (0 to 9999mm)
- Outdoor measurement intervals: temperature & humidity data every 13 seconds, wind data every 17 seconds, rain data every 19 seconds, air pressure every 15 seconds
- Power requirements:
- Receiver - 2 C alkaline batteries
- Thermo-hygro sensor -
2 C alkaline batteries
- Rain gauge -
2 AA alkaline batteries
- Wind sensor - 100% solar power
- Battery life: approximately 24 months
- Transmission Frequency: 915 MHz
- Transmission Range
PC System Requirements:
- Operating System: Windows XP (SP3 or greater),
Windows Vista (SP1 or greater),
- Internet service is required to download the software and manuals. Its ongoing use is only required if you intend to use the sensor data upload features in the software.
La Crosse Alerts Requirements:
- Heavy Weather Pro must be installed and running before installing the remote monitoring and alerts software.
- Download and install the La Crosse Alerts PC Software if you wish to use the included remote monitoring and alerts functions to monitor your home & backyard weather from a smartphone, tablet or computer. Next, create an account at www.lacrossealerts.com to activate your remote monitoring and alerts features. Follow the online instructions to complete setup and activation for remote monitoring and alerts with your activation key card.
- High-speed Internet connection – cable, DSL or other broadband. NOTE: If you only have a dial-up internet
connection, La Crosse Alerts will not work.
- Router or broadband modem with built-in router (contact your internet
service provider for information on compatibility with their service).
- Valid e-mail address – required to make sure you can retrieve your
password and receive other information regarding your user profile.
- A reasonably current Windows, Macintosh, or Linux PC with internet
browser installed for initial set up and configuration.
- Program to view Microsoft® Excel formatted files (not included)
- Receiver: 10.46" x 1.35" x 7.9" (265.8mm x 34.4mm x 201.3mm)
- Thermo-hygro: 3.13" x 3.54" x 7.45" (79.5mm x 89.9mm x 189.2mm)
- Rain Sensor: 5.18" diameter x 7.19" (131.6mm diameter x 182.6mm)
- Wind Sensor: 9.84" x 5.74" x 11.11" (249.9mm x 145.8mm x 282.2mm)
- USB transceiver: 3.2" x .89" x .35" (81.8mm x 22.7mm x 9mm)