The portable Oregon Scientific WR601 Public Alert Radio provides emergency alerts anywhere in the U.S. When traveling, boating, hiking or working outdoors, use the WR601 to receive weather information and emergency broadcasts from the National Weather Service. With the non-volatile memory built-in, no need to reprogram your SAME codes when the batteries run out!
When activated by the Emergency Alert System (EAS), the flashing LED and audible and visual alerts of the WR601 ensure that you'll always be informed of potential life threatening hazards! Easily fits in a purse, fanny pack, backpack, or vehicle glove box. Includes an AC adapter and a cradle to stand the unit on a table or desk. A great gift for the outdoor enthusiast, weather buff, or avid traveler.
Be safe. Be informed. Be prepared.
- Manual set clock with hour, minute or date, weekday display
- 12 or 24 hour time mode
- Two programmable time alarms with eight minute snooze on base unit and radio
- 100-decibel audio alarm with visual alert signal
- Monitors U.S. Emergency All Hazards, and Emergency Alert System (EAS) weather bulletins, warnings, & forecasts
- Receives all National Oceanic & Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) reports, which provides all available emergency advisories on tornadoes, severe thunderstorms, floods, evacuations, civil danger warnings & more
- Broadcasts messages visually on display
- Flexible programming - select Specific Area Message Encoding (SAME) broadcasts in up to 6 different areas
- Programs up to 6 SAME (FIPS) codes
- Manual and Automatic Channel Select
- 3 levels of messages: Statement, Watch, Warning, and Test in English, French, or Spanish
- Signal Strength Icon with Signal Loss Reminder
- Clock with alarm
- Modes for both home and travel use
- EL (ElectroLuminescent) backlight with dot-matrix display
- Battery power level indicator on radio
- Cradle & belt clip holders
- Channels: Digital PLL tuning for 7 NOAA channels
- SAME code setting: 6 independent settings or ALL counties
- RF reception range: 50 miles (64 km)
- Volume: 7 adjustment levels
- Power requirements: 3 AA alkaline batteries & AC Adapter (included)
- LCD Dimensions: 2.0" x 0.9" (50mm x 22mm)
- Unit Dimensions: 5.4" x 3.0" x 1.4" (137mm x 74mm x 35mm)
The National Weather Service has a toll-free number to obtain S.A.M.E. county codes: 888-NWS-SAME (888-697-7263). You can also visit their NOAA Weather Radio web page to obtain S.A.M.E. county codes.