The initial sensor calibrations for wind, temperature, relative humidity, and barometric pressure on the MK-III are traceable to the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST). The passive solar shield for the temperature/humidity sensor are based on those designed by the U.S. National Weather Service. All materials used in the sensor assembly and weather instruments are chosen for durability and resistance to weathering and corrosion. All hardware is stainless steel and the weather station is fabricated from fiberglass and ultra-violet inhibited structural PVC.
The RainWise MK-III-RTI features all outside sensor components combined together into a single, compact, easy to install unit. If you live in an area with a lot of trees that produce airborne debris, you may want to consider the MK-III-RTN that comes without a rain gauge so you won't have to climb on your roof when the rain collector needs cleaning.
The large decorative and highly visible RainWise MK-III Weather Oracle multi-display provides a complete set of current weather data that's viewable anywhere in a room. You have choices on brightness, as well as to wall mount or place free-standing on a table or shelf. This unit comes in three different wood frame finishes: black, cherry, and mahogany.
If you require a longer range system, the MK-III-RTI-LR transmits over one mile, line of sight!
Note: We do carry a magnetic compass to help you orient your anemometer to true north. For more information on set up, please visit the anemometer page on our WeatherShack education center.
- Manually set time/date
- Hour/minute, or calendar display
- Indoor temperature with MIN/MAX records (ºF or ºC)
- Outdoor temperature with MIN/MAX records (ºF or ºC)
- Outdoor humidity with MIN/MAX records (%RH)
- Outdoor wind chill temperature (ºF or ºC)
- Outdoor dew point temperature (ºF or ºC)
- Outdoor heat index temperature (ºF or ºC)
- Rainfall (Current) with MIN/MAX records (inch/mm)
- Rainfall (Total) with MIN/MAX records (inch/mm)
- Self-emptying (tipping bucket) rain gauge with eight inch diameter rain collector
- Current absolute barometric pressure with MIN/MAX records (inHg or mb/hPa). Digital offset for site altitude.
- Barometric pressure trend indicator (rising or falling)
- Wind speed with MIN/MAX records (mph, km/h, m/s, or knots)
- Wind direction display with 16 point wind rose, current direction by bright LED and direction variation by dimmer LEDs
- All MIN/MAX records can be reset
- 12 or 24 hour time mode
- Includes rain gauge, anemometer, outdoor thermo-hygrometer, and indoor barometer and thermometer-hygrometer (in Weather Oracle console)
- Wall mount or free-standing (push in leg bracket)
- Power requirements (base): AC Adapter with 5 AAA Alkaline batteries for backup
- Transmission interval: every 2 seconds offset by 30 seconds
- Transmission frequency band: 418 MHz
- Transmission range: factory tested at 433 feet through two factory walls
- Solar Powered Sensor Array
The wireless, rugged outdoor sensor array runs completely on solar power. The MK-III solar charged battery supply is guaranteed to provide continuous operation below 60 degrees latitude and will operate for at least 60 days without sun.
- Update Interval
A packet of data is sent to the Weather Oracle indoor console every two seconds.
- Transmission Distance
Standard MK-III weather stations are tested to 400 feet through two walls. The LR (Long Range) version provides reliable transmission reception of over one mile, line of sight!
Current inside and outside temperature, and maximum/minimum reading since last reset.
Current outside humidity, and maximum/minimum reading since last reset.
- Barometric Pressure
Current pressure and trend indicator. Maximum/minimum reading since last reset.
Current rainfall and total rainfall reading since last reset. Rain gauge uses tipping bucket (self-emptying) technology. This feature is not available on the RainWise MK-III-RTN.
- Wind Speed
Current wind speed and maximum/minimum reading since last reset.
- Wind Direction
Current wind direction and recent variation.
- Wind Chill
Current wind chill and maximum/minimum reading since last reset.
- Dew Point & Heat Index
Current dew point and heat index with maximum/minimum reading since last reset.
- MK-III sensor assembly: 16.5" dia. x 33 " tall
(419mm dia. x 839mm tall)
- Weather Oracle receiver (wood):
6.85" x 13.0" (174mm x 330mm)
- Weather Oracle receiver (metal):
5.75" x 12.0" (146mm x 305mm)